By Helen Chin Lui of The Healing Place in Medfield, MAPrep time: 30 minutesCooking time: 12-16 minutes
-2 sticks of softened Smart Balance butter
-1 1/2 cup of lightly packed light brown sugar
-2 eggs (room temp)
-1 teaspoon vanilla (can substitute with gluten free vanilla)
-1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or gluten free flour
-1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt
-1 and quarter teaspoon cinnamon
-3 cups of quick or old-fashioned oatmeal
-1 cup of raisins
-12oz bag of semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy. In the meantime,
3. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside
4. In another bowl combine oatmeal, raisins and chocolate chips. Set aside.
5. Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture and beat well.
6. Add flour, and oatmeal mixture, and mix until combined.
7. Now you are ready to bake.
8. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cookie will be soft, but hardens as it cools.
10. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet.