6 skinned Italian pork sausages
1 diced onion
3 diced celery stalks
1 (10 oz) pkg. of white mushrooms- slice in half & cut the end of the stems off
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes- diced -with skin on (may substitute with white potatoes)
1 stick of butter
4 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
3-4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
2 (14 oz) packages of Arnold Herb Stuffing
- Sauté skinless sausages in olive oil in a large stock pot. Cook until they turn brown & separate.
- Add diced sweet potatoes, onions, and celery, sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions, mushrooms, & 1 tbsp of butter, and cook for 3 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a small pot bring 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth to an almost boil & add the remainder of the butter (or you can do it the “more efficient” way, like me, by using pre-made chicken broth).
- Add 2 cups of the chicken broth to the vegetable mixture & stir. Repeat with the remaining 2 cups of broth.
- Gradually add 2 packages of the herb stuffing to the vegetable mixture.
- Transfer the stuffing into a large stainless steel pan & cover with aluminum foil.
- Warm in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes before serving with your turkey.
Best served with home made turkey gravy - to follow
Mangia! It's a meal in itself.