By Marissa Bognanno, The Frugal Diet contributing Chef, Zumba Instructor, & Author of "The Boot" Blog
When the temperatures drop, all I want to do is curl up in my UMass sweatshirt and let every regimen, beauty and otherwise, fall by the wayside. This year however I’m determined to stick to my winter beauty tips, to feel beautiful from the inside out, until the frost melts and the sun comes out again! Here are some tips for you, because we're in this together you know!
1. Move. Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, taking the stairs, anything. Moving will keep your circulation flowing and help you to maintain a helahty immune system throughout the winter. It will give you more energy and help you get that healthy rosy glow back to your cheeks! Check out the Lululemon blog for motivation!
2. C! Get as much vitamin C as possible in your diet and you won’t get sick. Frozen berries have up to 29 mg of vitamin C in them, so here’s a frozen berry smoothie you can make for breakfast or a midday snack.
3. Hydrate. It’s rule #1. My new favorite tea is Egyptian Licorice by Yogi Tea. It tastes like dessert. (Thanks Zo!)
4. Protect. Your skin needs an extra slathering of lotion when you get out of the shower in winter, and this Almond Cookie Shea Souffle sounds like it would be ah-maz-ing..
5. Warm up. My theory is that if your feet are warm, your whole body is warm. (Same goes for your head!)
6. Balm. My favorite beauty product of all time, probably: Blistex Deep Conditioning Treatment. I have at least two around at all times