Contributed by Courtney Horan, Author of the healthy living blog Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life. Courtney is a former teacher turned personal trainer, who loves blogging about healthy food and fun fitness ideas. You can connect with Courtney through her blog, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
Just a lazy Saturday morning over here…
All three of us have enjoyed a little extra lounging this morning, with no alarms to wake up to, and no immediate commitments to run off to. Not that Cody ever has to worry about that anyway. Lucky
The little bugger has not moved out of the sun all morning long. He cracks me right up.
I was having quite a tough time deciding between sweet and savory this morning, but sweet eventually won me over once I remembered that there are still waffles in the freezer.
I toasted up two Kashi 7 Grain Waffles and topped them with a serving of homemade honey cinnamon PB, banana slices, and some sugar-free syrup.
They were absolutely perfect.
While I was eating my yummy waffles, I spent some time skimming through the latest issue of Cooking Light magazine.
At the beginning of the issue, there was a mention about your Top 10 Comfort Foods, which got me thinking a bit about my own top 10. Thinking of ten was actually quite a bit of a challenge, but here’s what I came up with…
- A big bowl of pasta with Mom’s (or grandma’s) homemade sauce and meatballs.
- Mom’s special chicken parm and homemade bread
- Double layer funfetti cake with homemade almond buttercream frosting
- Mom’s Christmas lasagna
- My mother-in-law’s homemade pumpkin bread
- Mal’s chili in a bread bowl
- Dad’s Sunday morning pancakes and waffles
- Warm, just out of the oven, chocolate chip cookies
- Classic cheeseburger and sweet potato fries
- Warm brownie sundae with cookie dough ice cream and caramel sauce. OMG.