By Helen Chin Lui of The Healing Place in Medfield, MA
Makes about 12 regular size cupcakes with cupcake liners.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
Cupcakes or 2-8″ layer cake-Preheat over to 350 degrees
-One package 15oz of Gluten-Free Pantry Decadent Chocolate Cake mix
-5 tablespoon of butter (can replace butter with vegetable oil, plain yogurt, or add additional ¼ cup of buttermilk mixture, see below)
-2 large room temperature eggs
-½ teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla
-¾ cup buttermilk or ¾ cup soy buttermilk (to make buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to either low fat milk or soymilk and let sit for 10 minutes for milk to curdle)
-¼ cup of dairy free sour cream or regular sour cream
Directions:1. Beat butter until soft and fluffy.
2. Add cake mix, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and sour cream. Mix until blended and smooth on medium speed (about 5 mins.)
3. Spoon batter into cupcake pan until about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 13-16 minutes (depending on your oven.)
5. Insert toothpick, look for moist crumbs.
6. Take out of oven and cool for 30 minutes on a rack.
-¼ cup of butter
-1 cup of confectioner sugar
-1 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla
-¼ cup of cocoa
-2 tablespoon or more of milk or soy milk
-pinch of salt
If mixture is too thick, slowly add a teaspoon of chosen liquid. Mix all ingredients until smooth (about 4-5 minutes.) Now PILE the frosting on the cool cupcakes.
|Download Only $2.99!|